Our face is the first source of the impression that we create on people. There is even a famous expression in English, ‘’The first impression is the last impression’’ which means we all get a single opportunity to make the best out of it and one of the easiest ways to do it, is by having a presentable face. That’s Why you should use Best face wash for men.
We are currently living in the 21st century and discussing skincare routine by men is still considered taboo. While women are fortunate in this arena as they have a generalized skin care routine and are more conscious about it, most men, on the other hand, are unaware about the importance of having a skincare routine, as society has conditioned them to avoid it by making fun of them for talking about skincare.
However, times are changing now and it’s official that men’s skincare is blooming. According to Forbes, sales in men’s skincare products jumped 11% in 2017, with a full 84% of male respondents between ages 18 and 44 reporting that they use facial skincare products.
When we talk about skincare, the face is the first part of the body that pops in our mind. Facial skin is extra delicate compared to most of the other skin in the body that needs extra conditioning and nurturing. To achieve that, one has to start by selecting the best face washes for the individual skin type.
Throughout the day our hands touch various surfaces like handles on the train, lift buttons, and our beloved phone and other various grimy surfaces laden with bacteria. Also, while commuting we are exposed to various kinds of dirt pollutants and germs which get easily transferred to our skin. Although we wash our hands frequently, nowadays it’s a lot easier to keep our hands clean and germ-free since sanitizers are being owned by almost everyone. But are we able to give the same squeaky-clean best treatment to our face is the question we need to ask ourselves.
Almost every other skincare product these days claims to make our skin look younger, clearer, fairer, tauter, and dewier one must do thorough research before believing in such claims. While these are all the noble causes to select that one best face wash for every man, one should not forget the primary reason for using face-wash—-keeping our face sanitized like our hands.
Drawbacks of using Soap:
Now that we have established that face is our biggest selling point to look presentable, that does not mean that one should reach out to the closest bar of soap to wash our face the next time we hop in the shower.
Though soaps work adequately to cleanse the rest of the body, they are considered to be a poor choice for facial care for the following reasons:
1. Soaps are generally made by mixing fat and oil and can wreck skin by changing its pH, wipe out healthy bacteria, and strips away natural and vital oils from the skin. This can lead to increased dryness, itching, irritation, and inflammation of the skin making it prone to becoming damaged.
2. To make soaps attractive and increase their sales rate they are conditioned with add on aesthetics like scents and dyes which makes skin more damage-worthy.
3. Soaps also do not have enough moisture content which makes them abrasive to use on the skin.
4. Face Washes are easy to apply on the face as compared to thick bars of soap. Thus, it is easier to get a cleaner face.
5. Unlike face wash which is housed in a protected container, soaps aren’t and that is why soaps harbor more bacteria. Also, bacteria are mainly found in the soapy slime water surrounding the bar soap which makes it unhygienic to share.
It’s for the following reasons one should switch from using ‘’old-school’’ soaps for cleansing face to best face washes available out there.
Benefits of using the best Facial care washes:
We all agree that there is nothing like flaunting a radiant looking skin and to achieve that we need a really good face wash. Let’s accept it, the best face wash! Here are all the benefits associated with the regular use of the best quality of face wash by men.
1. It cleans: Face washes help to remove the dirt, oil, and urban pollutants from the skin and that water alone can’t leave behind.
2. It Exfoliates: The best face-wash not only helps you to get a clean face but also leaves behind all the icky stuff, dry skin cells, and debris, revealing a fresh layer of the skin.
3. It stimulates circulation: Some of the best face washes are embedded with granules, which help to stimulate blood circulation when you massage your face.
4. It hydrates: Washing your face twice with the best face wash will keep your skin hydrated and make you feel fresh all day long!
You certainly might have noticed that I have been emphasizing a lot on the best face wash and wondering what do I mean by that. Well to define it in a simple way the best face wash is the one which suits a men’s skin type and helps to make his skin better with every use without causing any harm/side-effects. To select the best face wash it is important for men to identify and understand their skin type.
To sum it up there are following types of skin:
- Sensitive skin: Generally experiences sting or burn after product use.
- Normal skin: Clear and not sensitive.
- Dry skin: flaky, itchy, or rough.
- Oily skin: shiny and greasy.
- Combination skin: dry in some areas and oily in others.
10 best face washes for men:
To help you find that one best face wash that is made just for your skin-type we have done comprehensive research on various face washes available in the market and came up with the list for best face washes for men.
Brickell Men’s Purifying Charcoal Face Wash for Men:
If you are looking for a gentle facial cleanser for daily use then this is the one for you. Being Brickell’s signature face wash, this men’s facial cleanser will help you to get rid of all the oil and bacteria which are hiding deep within your pores without causing any dryness or irritation. It is suitable for men with dry, sensitive, and normal skin type. However, this is not suitable for men with oily skin. It is available in both scented and unscented versions.
- Suitable for skin-type: It works best on dry, sensitive and normal skin-type.
- Activated charcoal- helps to clean the pores filled with bacteria and leaves behind the oil.
- Olive oil: Replaces the dirty oil with healthy oil that nourishes the face.
- Jojoba: Helps to heal acne-prone, damaged, peeled-off skin.
- Aloe Vera: Restores moisture of the face.
- To get the best results from this best face wash use it at least twice daily i.e. after waking up, before going to bed and after exercise.
- Wet your face with luke-warm water, pour some amount in the palm of your hand and massage gently in circular motions to activate the formula.
Brickell Men’s Clarifying Gel Face Wash for Men:
For those with oily skin-type don’t worry we are not going to let you miss out on one of the best face wash brands. This clarifying gel face cleanser is specially made to help you get an oil and shine-free look all day, without over-drying your skin. It also makes you feel refreshed for a long time after use.
- Suitable for skin-type: It works best on Oily, normal and combination skin-type.
- Coconut: Thoroughly cleans the face of oil, dirt and dead skin while moisturizing your face at the same time.
- Aloe Vera: Helps to heal and rebuild damaged skin and fills out the pores without causing dryness.
- Geranium: Cleans away facial impurities by acting as natural antiseptic.
- To get the best results it is recommended to use it in the morning and night i.e. at least two times a day.
- Wet face and hands with warm water. Pour a quarter-size dose in your palms and work into a rich lather. Apply by massaging your face in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly.
Rugged & Dapper Daily Power Scrub Facial Cleanser:
If you have been looking for an all in one face wash that takes care of all of your skin problems then this is definitely the one! This daily power scrub fro rugged and dapper is as its name suggests an energizing toner and foaming exfoliator. It deeply cleans dirt, excess oil and the grime of the face. It goes deep beneath your skin, especially oily skin or even beard.
- Suitable for skin type: It is suitable for all skin types but works best for Oily, normal, combination and acne-prone skin.
- Aloe Vera: It has great moisturising and regenerating effects on facial skin.
- Jojoba beads:It soft beads helps to scrub off dead skin and minimize the appearance of pores.
- Jojoba oil: It is effective in treating acne.
- Tree tea oil: Helps to prevent acne and heals acne scars.
- Rosemary: hydrates the skin, which helps to control oil production.
- Willow bark: It is rich in Sialic acid which soothes skin irritation.
- Burdock root: The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of the root can help resolve skin issues like acne and eczema.
- You can use it in the morning, before shaving & at night to cleanse the skin.
- Wet face & hands with warm water. Work a dime-size amount of cleanser into a lather and apply to the face using a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly.
- After washing your face, use Rugged and Dapper Age + Damage Defense Facial Moisturizer to get the best results.
JACK BLACK Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser:
If clean, smooth, and hydrated skin is important to you, Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser is a product you can trust. It thoroughly removes oil and dirt, while leaving your skin smooth, hydrated and fresh for a long time. It contains natural astringent and anti-oxidant that acts as toner and anti-irritant.
- Suitable for skin-type: It is dermatologically tested to work on all skin-types.
- Oat and Coconut: They dissolve pore-clogging residue, dirt, and oil.
- Organic Sage Leaf Extract: It is known for providing cleansing and soothing benefits.
- Chamomile Extract: It soothes and calms your skin by reducing redness.
- Rosemary Extract: It helps fight bacteria on the skin’s surface and controls oiliness.
- Witch Hazel: It is a natural astringent and antioxidant that acts as a toner.
- Organic Aloe Leaf Extract: It helps to regenerate and soften the skin.
- It can be used both in the morning and in the evening as part of your regular skincare routine.
- If you’re a daily shaver, we recommend cleansing your skin with Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser before you apply shaving cream.
- Wash your face with warm water, squeeze a small amount to wet hands, work into a rich lather and apply on the face. Rinse.
TIEGE HANLEY’S DAILY FACE WASH (SKINCARE SYSTEM LEVEL 1):
If you are thinking of getting into a skin care regime but do not have any clue about it then this product can be your guide. It has got all the essential elements for a flawless skin care routine, which are made up of quality ingredients. You can’t go wrong with this one as it suits all skin types. It contains a Wash, Scrub and two Moisturisers (AM & PM) crafted for morning and night use.
- Suitable for skin type: It is suitable form normal, dry, oily and everything in between.
- Cucumber Extract: It hydrates and smooth the skin.
- Salix Alba Bark Extract: It helps to reduce inflammation and irritation while turning over dead skin cells and promoting wound healing.
- Lavandula Oil hydrates: It reduces redness and fights off acne-causing bacterias.
- Eucalyptus Oil: It stimulates the skin while also offering antiseptic properties.
- Wet your face with warm water. Squeeze out approximately a nickel size amount onto the palm of your hand and rub your hands together creating a lather. Gently apply it onto your face for 5 – 10 seconds. Rinse your face with water.
Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash:
If you’re thinking that the best face wash should be able to resolve a lot of common issues, then you are absolutely correct and this one exactly does that. Its concentrated formula makes you feel rejuvenated by getting rid of greasiness and dirt from the skin. It also does not strip off the natural moisture from the skin while maintaining the ph balance. If all of this doesn’t impress you then here is one more, it smells fantastic too. From this, we can say that it is definitely worthy of its name!
- Suitable for skin type: It suits best for normal, oily and combination skin.
- Aloe: Soothes and hydrates.
- Coconut-derived surfactants: They are naturally-derived, which acts as non-drying cleansing agent
- Lemon: It exfoliates and brightens the complexion.
- White tea: Being rich with antioxidants it promotes healthy skin.
- Rice seed: Helps to moisturise and smooth the skin.
- Sugarcane: It brightens and clarifies the skin.
- Wash your face and hands with warm water. Pour quarter-size doses into your palm and rub your hands till you get a rich lather. Apply thoroughly over the face, neck and around the ears. Leave on for 30-60 seconds for an extra hit of exfoliation. Rinse well.
- Use in morning, night and after exercise for clear, healthy skin.
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash:
If clean, smooth, and hydrated skin is important to you then Wow Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash is there for you. It helps in purifying pores and diffuses the mulish impurities, leaves your skin clean, clear and radiant with every wash. The packaging includes in-built face brush that is well designed with gentle silicone bristle to give your face deep cleansing on surfaced and within enlarged pores. Helps your skin to fight against acne and blackheads.
- Suitable for skin type: Suits all skin types
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera Extract
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate,
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine,
- Glycerin (Vegetable Derived),
- Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA
- D Panthenol (Vitamin B5),
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E),
- Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate,
- Potassium Sorbate,
- Phenoxyethenol & Fragrance
- Wet your face and neck. Pump tiny amounts of WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash all over face and neck.
- Gently massage this foamy cleanser onto damp skin with the brush. Use small circular strokes all over for at least 2 minutes. Wash off with plenty of plain water. Pat dry.
Clinique For Men Charcoal Face Wash
If you want a face-wash that helps you to get rid of black-heads and also prevents from forming them in the future, then you should definitely check out this charcoal-infused face wash for men. Its detoxifying gel when worked into lather will clear all the blemishes and will give you a deep pore clean. The all-natural charcoal powder will wipe-out all the impurities and excess oil while making your skin feel rejuvenated.
Suitable for skin-type: Normal, Oily and combination skin.
- Charcoal Powder
- Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Hydroxide
- You can use it in the morning and night or even before shaving. It is gentle enough to be used twice a day.
- Wet your hand, lather between palms, and apply on a dampened face. Massage all over the facial skin to remove impurities. Rinse your face with water and pat dry.
Lab Series Skincare For Men Multi-Action Face Wash
If you are looking for a face wash that conditions your skin and prepares you for a closer shave than this one is for you. It lives up to its name as its multi-action formula effectively dissolves excess oil and unclogs pores. It also contains vitamins that moisturize the skin and makes it look healthy. Its purifying granules scrubs dead skin cells from all types of skin.
Suitable for skin type: Normal, Oily, Dry and Combination skin.
- Glycerin, Silica
- Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria)
- Flower Oil,
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
- Green 5
- To get the best results it is recommended to use it twice daily. It also helps you to give a cleans shave when used before shaving.
- Remove the size of a dime and work into a rich lather to activate its multi-action formula. Apply on a damp face and massage for a minute. Rinse with water and pat dry with a towel.
Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Cerave hydrating facial cleanser is affordable and effective making it one of our best face wash for men. This dermatologically formulated cleanser does not disturb your skin’s natural barrier and helps to retain its natural moisture. It refreshes the skin without making it feel tight or dry. If you are starting your journey of skincare regime then this gentle cleanser is exactly the one for you. Its unique MVE technology releases moisturizing layer by layer providing your skin with 24-hour hydration.
- Suitable for skin type: Normal, dry, sensitive, and combination skin.
- Ceramide (Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Ceramide Eo): It helps to restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- Hyaluronic acid: It attracts hydration to the skin’s surface.
- Xanthan Gum: This organic ingredient has hydrating effects on the skin.
- Recommended to use at least twice a day (morning/night) or whenever you want to make your face feel refreshed.
- Before applying, wet your face with luke-warm water. Squeeze out an aliquot and apply on your face with circular motions. Rinse.
Frequently asked questions:
They all seem to serve the same basic function of cleaning the face, but there are major differences in the way they do it. Choosing one which will suit your skin from all of these options is definitely confusing!
Well, to be honest with you guys there is not a hard and fast rule to choose only one option. Actually, it all depends on an individual's skin type and the kind of cleansing one needs on that particular day.
Let’s say if your job exposes your face to lots of pollutants that cover your face with grime and dirt then you will need a strong scrub to get rid of all the dirt. Similarly, if you are home the whole day and you just want to refresh your face then you can use a gentle cleanser to help you achieve that.
So, now that we know the need for using different types of cleansers, let’s understand how each of these cleansers works.
Face-wash: Face-wash has a rich lather to it so it acts as a foaming agent. It's basically a gentle version of soap as it cleans your face without dehydrating and destroying the skin cells.
You can use it on a day when you want a deep yet gentle cleaning. That’s why we are stressing its usage and committed to helping you choose the best face wash.
Face cleanser: You can use them when you just want to feel refreshed and hydrate your face-skin. It is a non-foaming agent so you don’t need to worry about washing your face after use. Face cleanser functions just like a facial wash, i.e. they remove dead skin cells, excess oils, and dirt from your face in one wipe.
You can use it when your skin feels dry and needs instant hydration. They also seem to work best post-face-wash use to provide moisture and make your face shave-ready.
Face-scrub: If your face craves for an extra cleaning then and well-formulated scrub is all you need. They help you to get rid of blackheads, dead skin, oil, impurities from your skin. A face scrub contains beads (mainly from plant extract) which will help you to get that deep exfoliating cleanse.
It is not advisable to scrub your skin every day as it would do more damage than good. Instead, scrubbing once or twice a week is sufficient, especially if it's new for your skin.
Even if you have a beard, or you don't shave regularly, one should strive for clean and healthy skin. There are lots of best face wash for men available in the market that makes your face shave ready. Our list itself also comprises such shave-ready face washes.
However, if you have a thick beard there are benefits of using beard wash as they contain specific ingredients that help to condition facial hair, like Vitamin B5.
Most men are not a fan of long skincare routines. They want to know quick remedies for having healthy skin. For such men, they should do the basics i.e. wash their face each morning and each evening with the best face wash and follow by applying moisturizer to face and neck.
Firstly kudos to you, if you have recognized that you have sensitive skin! The most important thing you can do is be gentle with it.
One should also avoid face washes with harsh cleansers and irritating substances. Instead, seek out fash washes that are labeled for sensitive skin and are formulated with natural and/or organic ingredients.
We have listed numerous fash washes for sensitive skin. You can check out our list of the best face wash for men for finding such face washes.
If you are thinking of switching your face-wash or trying out a new one, most of the time it is difficult to tell for sure unless you try it out.
However, you can make an educated guess by examining the fash wash’s label and ingredients used for its formulation. Generally, to decrease your chances of skin irritation with new face wash you can look out for those which are made up of natural ingredients, alcohol-free, and contain zero fragrance.
We came up with the best face wash for men list by doing comprehensive research on formulations of each face washes and reviewing feedback from various users.
However, if you are choosing fash washes from our ‘best face wash for men’ list we do not mean to claim that they are the only good face washes that are available in the market. In fact, our simple goal is to bring to your attention only those fash washes that are unique from others and will prove effective on your skin.
More importantly, if they don’t prove what they are supposed to do and are not backed up by positive reviews from their users, that would not have made our list. We also made sure that the best face wash is worth the cost so that every man can afford it.
Our list has also emphasized on mentioning the ingredients after all ‘’a face wash is as face wash has’’! Although most of us prefer natural/ organic ingredients-- the best face wash is not necessarily composed of that. It should have a blend prefect of all ingredients to achieve that ‘best face wash for men’ mark.
In conclusion, we hope to empower at least a few men reading this article to take best care of their skin by providing enough information that will help them to make a sound buying decision.
The featured face washes in our ‘best face wash for men’ list are independently selected and we have provided a link to buy each of them for your convenience.
We are eagerly waiting to know if you have used any of the face washes from our recommendations. If you have any questions and/or want us to tell you about your experience, we would love to hear it all!
Also, If you have some suggestions on how we can improve better, or if you think that we missed out some best face washes and cleansers, we are all ears!!
Please reach out to us and we promise to respond as soon as possible.