For all men, a well-kept, thick head of hair brings added good looks to an already good face. That is why it is essential to have the best hair gel for men in his grooming routine to maintain his hair with a slicked hairstyle.
It is rightly said by someone that ‘’Your hair is your crown to glory’’. Every individual loves to have their personal sense of style and donning a good hairstyle plays an important role. We all agree that a good look is incomplete without a stylish hairstyle. Slicking back hair also projects neatness and tidiness of one’s character. So to achieve that well-groomed hair look there are various hair products available in the market but nothing can replace the good old hair gels.
Hair gels tend to have a bad reputation for having toxic effects on hair, by making them flaky, crunchy, or uncomfortable to touch. That’s why most men are skeptical about including hair gels in their daily grooming routine. This is certainly not true as only low-grade hair gels can give such results.
Nowadays, the best hair gels for men are formulated with nourishing ingredients with a water-soluble based formula which will rinse out easily without the need of using shampoo. Thus ensuring you get a firm grip without suffocating or breaking hair strands. Such best hair gels also help to tame stray hairs that are on the side of the head or around ears making sure they fall in line. Other than giving your hair a stronghold there are several benefits of styling your hair with the best hair gels.
Also read :- Best face wash for men
Benefits of Hair gel
- Hair gel helps to maintain your hairstyle: From controlling a sleek look for a job interview to spiked look for a party, hair gels definitely are your go-to product.
- Hair gel helps to control frizz: We all get frustrated by frizzy hair as they can completely ruin a good hair day and make us look like a mess. Hair gels can prevent frizzing and help us to try any hairstyle without worrying about them getting messed up.
- Hair gel can provide essential nutrients: Hair gels made from organic ingredients do not have damaging effects and instead can make your hair healthier by providing nourishments. Such nutrients containing vitamins and minerals will soak into your scalp and hair follicles, which will help to strengthen them.
- Hair gels can increase your hair’s volume: Hair gel make your hair appear fuller and thicker than it ever has before by adding body to your hair, giving you the younger and healthier appearance that you’ve been dreaming of.
- Hair gels can make your hair look shinier: Along with giving you perfect hold, hair gel can also add shine to your hair. This helps to electrify your hairstyle and making it harder to go unnoticed by people around you.
Best hair gel for men
Now that we are aware of many wonderful advantages that come with using hair gel to style your hair, to help you get your hands on some of the top products that will minimize damage and provide nourishment, we have rounded up the best hair gels for men.
Jack Black – Body-Building Hair Gel
Jack Black Body-Building is the Best Hair Gel for men and has a unique alcohol-free formula that delivers natural-looking hold and control without crunch, or flaking. It contains natural ingredients and added proteins and vitamins which help to add volume and shine to your hair. Its chemical-free formula also gets rinsed off easily.
- sage leaf extract.
- grapefruit peel oil.
- ginger root extract.
- sea kelp.
- Squeeze out a small amount of the gel, rub your palms for even distribution.
- Apply on slightly damp hair and style as usual.
Kiehl’s clean styling gel
If you are looking for a long-lasting hold then this is the one you. Its lightweight formula infused with eucalyptus oil, cedarwood and sandalwood add natural shine with a mesmerizing woodsy aroma. Kiehl’s clean styling gel is the best hair gel for men with essential oil which helps hair to grow and in styling also.
- Cedarwood oil.
- sandalwood oil.
- eucalyptus oil.
- Dispense a nickel-sized amount in your hands.
- Work on wet hair and style as usual.
Majestic Pure Styling Hair Gel
Majestic Pure Styling is the Best Hair Gel for men & women and it is free from the toxic chemicals that can damage hair. It contains organic aloe vera and witch hazel, that provides a stronghold to all hair types. Its natural formula is non-sticky and adds volume to your hair.
- Aloe Leaf Juice.
- Witch Hazel Water.
- Pro-Vitamin B5.
- Organic Alcohol.
- Citric acid.
- Pump hair gel into your palm and rub hands together for even distribution.
- Apply to clean, dry, or damp hair and style as desired.
AMERICAN CREW Firm Hold Styling Gel
If you are looking for a firm hold, you can’t go wrong with an American crew. Its alcohol-free formula manages dry or frizzy hair follicles and provides a long-lasting stronghold. The American crew is the best hair gel for men which comes with an alcohol-free formula.
- Safflower seed oil.
- Ginseng root extract.
- Saponaria bark extract.
- Apply to clean and towel-dried hair.
- Squeeze out nickel-size.
- Start applying from scalp to ends and push hair into place. Leave it alone.
TRESemmé Hair Gel, Mega Sculpting
This one from the TRESemme is used by the hair professionals to give you a firm hold and helps to lock your hairstyle all day long. Its alcohol-free formula suits all hairstyles and gives your hair a shiny glaze that won’t go unnoticed. TRESemmé Hair Gel is the best hair gel for men.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch.
- Jojoba Seed Extract.
- Prep your hair by washing them with shampoo and conditioner.
- Start by dispensing a quarter-sized drop into your hands and use
- With your fingers evenly coat towel-dried hair and immediately start creating your preferred style.
- To add extra volume, apply the gel onto your roots, and blow-dry with a round brush.
Aveda Pure Formance Firm Hold Gel Is The Best Hair Gel for Men
Its organic lightweight formula holds your hair firmly for a long time. Infused with various natural ingredients that are purely extracted from plants helps condition your hair. Aveda Pure Formance Firm Hold Gel Is The Best Hair Gel for Men with Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract.
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract.
- Boswellia Serrata Extract.
- Yeast Extract.
- Faex, Extrait De Levure.
- Malt Extract.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra.
- Licorice, Root Extract.
- Sunflower, Seed Oil.
- Remove a small amount and work between palms.
- Apply evenly through damp hair and style as usual.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
R+Co Motorcycle Flexible Gel Is The Best Hair Gel For Men
Lika a motorcycle this gel is flexible enough to fix even the curliest and frizzy hair. Its formula is also infused with natural ingredients that moisturize hair and protect them from thermal damage. R+Co Motorcycle Flexible Gel Is The Best Hair Gel For Men with Coconut Oil.
- Coconut Oil.
- Sunflower Seed Extract.
- Heat Styling Conditioner.
- Take a small size into your palms and rub them to distribute the gel evenly.
- For best results apply a small amount to towel-dried hair and start styling your hair.
- Air-dry or blow-dry.
Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel
Briogeo curls charisma rice amino + quinoa frizz control gel provides long-lasting hold and natural shine, and softness. Briogeo curls charisma rice amino + quinoa frizz control gel combats frizz with its Rice amino acids and tomato fruit-infused formula. While quinoa extract and keratin amino acids strengthen hair strands from the roots and increase elasticity to protect against damage. It is also free of gluten, silicones, and artificial dyes. Briogeo curl charisma rice amino + quinoa frizz control gel is the best hair gel for men with rice extract.
- Rice Extract.
- Tomato Fruit Ferment Extract.
- Keratin Amino Acids.
- Orange Peel Oil.
- Grapefruit Peel Oil.
- Radish Root Ferment Filtrate.
- Corn Protein.
- Wheat Protein.
- Soy Protein.
- After washing and conditioning your hair, apply a quarter-sized amount of gel evenly to damp hair, starting from root to tip.
- Start creating your hairstyle and allow it to dry for a few minutes.
DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel Is The Best Hair Gel
If you are looking for a stronghold styler then this water-based hair-styler infused with wheat and soy proteins will definitely make your hair shinier and bouncier. DevaCurl ULTRA DEFINING GEL Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler is the best hair gel for men with soy protein.
- Corn Protein.
- Soy Protein.
- Melissa Officinalis Extract.
- Hops Extract.
- Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract.
- Matricaria Flower Extract.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract.
- Achillea Millefolium Extract.
- Wet your hair and squeeze out a small amount of product.
- Rub between palms and apply it to wet curls.
- Do not rinse and start creating your style.
- To soften your curls, after the gel is absorbed, shake the roots of your hair.
Krieger + Söhne Premium Styling Is The Best Hair Gel for Men
If you are looking for a hard hold which has natural conditioning properties then this one is for you. It contains tea tree oil that helps to prevent dandruff and flakiness. In addition, they also offer a 100% refund if you are not satisfied with the product. Krieger + Söhne Premium Styling Is The Best Hair Gel for Men With Tea Tree Oil.
- Tea tree oil.
- Squeeze out a small amount for medium hold/ more for stronghold.
- Apply evenly from roots to tips and start styling.
- For best results blow-dry your set hair-style.
Also read :- Best sunscreen for men
The Best Hair Gel For Men Frequently asked questions
- Is it safer to use hair-gel daily?
No! Hair-gels should be used occasionally or when you want to style your hair and need to maintain that look throughout the day.
Although not all but most of the hair-gels contain alcohol which can dry your hair and strip them from their natural moisture. They also make your hair crunchy and non-bouncy. Thus changing the texture of your hair.
If you want to use it frequently you should look for the ones that are formulated alcohol-free and the ones that contain natural ingredients.
Our best hair gel for men list itself comprises such hair-gels.
- Is hair-gel better than other styling products?
Different hair styling products are used to create different hairstyles.
While Hair-gel works best for hair-type which needs maximum hold and shine.
Other styling products like wax, hair spray, and pomades can work best with certain hairstyles and hair types.
Wax: It has a medium-hold and shine. It is best suitable for men with straight hair.
Pomade: It is used to create a slick or well come look. It also provides great shine.
Hair spray: It is used in combination with pomades or wax. It helps to lock your hairstyle and adds volume to your hair.
Thus it would be not right to say that one is better than the other as each product has its own place and can fulfill different hairstyle needs.
Overall, hair gels can work better than other hair-styling gels as they provide maximum hold and can style all hair types.
- What is the correct way to remove hair-gel?
Leaving hair-gel for too long can damage your hair. Improper hair gel use can cause dandruff, oily hair, or flaky hair.
Further, If you do not wash your hair properly the gel residue will build-up and pile up on your scalp and can cause rashes, inflammation, and irritation
So it is of utmost importance to rinse off the hair-gel completely. You can follow these 3 steps as a guide:
1. Rinse off your hair with lukewarm water as it will help to melt the gel that sticks to your scalp and hair strands.
2. Wash your hair with a good clarifying shampoo. This will ensure that your scalp and hair strands are cleaned thoroughly.
3. Rinse off the shampoo with cold water. This will close up the cleaned pores and prevent any remaining hair gel to get inside them.
Final Words On The Best Hair Gel For Men
Hair gels are the perfect solution for locking your hairstyle in place. Thus, helping you to achieve your ideal hairstyle and boosting your confidence by making you look presentable.
To help you find your ideal hair gel we reviewed the best hair gel for men that are available in the market. Let us know if you try our recommendations.
Our goal is to help men to select the best grooming products that can suit their needs. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions/suggestions for us. We are always looking forward to your valuable feedback.